|Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I need counselling?
- You may feel your life is not going as you would like.
- Your feelings sometimes overwhelm you and you don’t know why.
- You have problems and they won’t go away.
- You have a problem you don’t seem able to sort out.
- Relationships are not what you would like them to be.
- Somethings happened to change your life experience and quality of life.
- You may have separated from your partner.
- You may have had a bereavement.
- You or a loved one may have been diagnosed with an illness or disability.
If this rings true to you, you might want to talk to a
Assessment of Clients needs
I ask all clients to complete a counselling assessment form before we meet for a 1 hour appointment. At this first session I will let you know whether I am able to help you and if I cannot I can refer to another counsellor or agency who may be more suited to your needs. My fee is £40 for an assessment session for Individuals and £60 per Couple, which lasts 1 hour.
If you are comfortable and we feel happy to work together, then we can arrange an appointment to start counselling.
Generally, if you are a parent or carer who is struggling with daily living and caring demands then counselling would benefit you or someone you know.
If you are feeling anxious, stressed, depressed or suffer from low confidence and self-esteem or are worried about anything and not sure if your concerns are 'serious' enough, then please do contact me to see how I can help you. It may be that you just need some extra reassurance, confidentiality and discretion assured.
How long will counselling take?
I would usually recommend clients book weekly sessions for however long you wish. We then have regular reviews of your counselling needs every 4 to 6 sessions and keep moving to your own pace and requirements.
Each counselling session is for 1 hour.
How much will it cost?
My current fees for a 1 hour counselling session & Initial Assessment appointment, Children/Teenager session duration 45 minutes:
Individuals: Adults or Children £40.
Family / Group of 4 people £80.
Parenting Support Sessions: Covering challenging behaviours, Family Relationships, Dealing with Anger, Teenagers & Parents support.
Fee is paid at each session. Please do not let the cost hold you back from making the changes you want. See it as a lifetime investment in you.
Parent/Carers may be able to access funding through their Common Assessment Framework budget and Carers Assessment.
Where do I go for my counselling appointments?
I work from various Centres in Cheltenham & Gloucester, so you can come to your nearest or most convenient location.
In exceptional circumstances (i.e. agoraphobia, restricted mobility) she can work with you in your own home.
- If you are a parent living in Cheltenham you can see me at Battledown Centre for Children & Families, Harp Hill Health clinic, Cheltenham GL52 6PZ. Situated in a comfortable, private room, access of which is through a private entrance to the side of Battledown Centre.
- I also work with The Milestones School in Longford Lane, Gloucester by appointment only.
- FREE Car Parking within Centres or easy access on nearby roads.
Private, comfortable counselling room.
How can I contact you to find out more about counselling?
Please telephone me on 0741 265 1894 or e-mail an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org All appointments can be made by telephone to me and then I can book the relevant private counselling room at your chosen location, either in Cheltenham or Gloucester.